Friday, August 27, 2010

#Dfeast Friday, Green Chicken and Biscuits

Yummy yummy yummy I got chicken in my tummy!

Oh sorry. OK, so here is one of the easiest recipes and most yummiest (yes that's a word in my house)!

What you will need:


A pack of boneless chicken breasts


A bag of string beans


Can of Cream of Mushroom soup


2 packs of Pillsbury Flaky Biscuits 


In a large saucepan, add some olive oil and a few tbsp of water.


Slice chicken into small pieces if desired. You can do this with whole cutlets but we prefer the chicken bite sized.


Add chicken into pan, season to taste. Salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary.


Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and cook biscuits as per instructions. 


Once the chicken has cooked, not completely but most of the way through, throw in your defrosted or fresh string beans. 


Mix together.


Lower to medium flame and let slow boil for about 20 minutes or so. Once chicken is cooked and gravy is hot enough, you can let sit for 5-10 minutes on low flame. Just so the chicken can soak up some of the gravy. 


Add in your one can of Cream of Mushroom soup. You can cut this if you like with some chicken broth to make it more soupy. We prefer thick like stew.


Take biscuits out of oven and place on plate. Top with your chicken, string beans and gravy. 


Next step is my favorite.


EAT UP!! :D


Carbs: For the chicken, string beans and gravy: I do about 5 grams per ounce. String beans are very low in carb, so its more to cover the gracy.  That hasn't caused any issues at all. For the biscuits just use carb count on back of label. You may go with smaller, bigger or a different brand. 


.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yum! Yum!

FatCatAnna said...

I am hungry - FEED ME NOW!!! I was not this nasty to my Mum as a youngster - I just gobbled up everything she put in front of me (my brother was the whooze). Plodding off to kitchen to figure out what to cook for returning hubby from Isle of Man (lucky bugger - gets to travel around the world).

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Looks delish and easy! Perfect for a weeknight dinner! I'm going to try this soon! :)

Celebrate With Us!