Saturday, August 21, 2010

LiveaBetes

Today was an awesome day. Nothing really special I guess. Justice and I woke up early, let Synsyre sleep in, and while dad went to fix the car we ate breakfast in bed and watched a movie. Blood sugars cooperated -in range-whole time.

Then the boys had a haircut appointment at a salon owned by a friend of mine. They were treated to rock star haircuts and had a blast. Lunch was before we left the house. Blood sugar stayed the same,- in range- from lunch till hours after their appointment.

We came home, cleaned up a bit and packed some snacks. We decided to check out this theatre that only charges $1.50 a ticket! Kids were thrilled. Kids ate sandwiches in the car-sugar in range. We brought pre weighed snacks with us. An hour later Justice and Synsyre enjoyed some beef jerky and cheese balls. Even an hour after dinner bolus-in range numbers! I knew bolusing a snack 1 hour after dinner would mess with his sugars a bit but we went for it.

Movies over (2.5 hrs after first bolus, 1 hour 45 min after second bolus), sugar peaked at 260, slight correction and he's coming down. All this with a temp basal rate timed accordingly since we cannot achieve the basal dosages we need with this pump (see Pump Woes entry).

Oh! And we got the call Medicaid approved, 300 strips a month for him.

It was great day. Blissful actually. Justice, Synsyre, dad and I had a great day, diabetes and all.

I wish you all a day like this.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Reyna said...

YAY for a great DAY...they are to be cherished for sure. We had a LAZY day and then went to a BBQ. Joe was in range until last night...needed two corrections - one at MN and on @ 3am...now we are back on track - WOHOO

Lora said...

Sounds like a great day. It was rainy all day here so Justin and I snuggled up and watched a movie. Ummmm~ okay, so I took a wee lil nap :)But that's beside the point.

Renata said...

I love it when family days end up making you smile and feeling warm inside. Mine are usually followed by a day of arguing, nagging and a headache. But I take the good ones when they come!!!

Heidi / D Tales said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. It's nice to "meet" you.

I love that I'm not the only one who thinks to turn used diabetes supplies into art! :)

What an amazing day you had! Good for you!!!

Celebrate With Us!