Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend Update


After that 36 Justice hit 200. We had an amazing time at the movies, we ate, laughed and blasted the radio on the way home. We knew the 200 was bound to happen after all the carbs he consumed for the low.

When he checked his sugar and it said 150, 1.5 hours post dinner, with a dinner bg of 206 I knew we were in for it.

30 minutes later he hit 47. It took almost 45 grams of carbs and 3 hours to get him up. He only spiked to 200. I was shocked.

People have suggested turning off the pump at times like this, well last night when he hit 74 one hour post dinner, we did. We turned off pump and gave him 25 grams to supplement for all the insulin on board.He hit 150 in no time and stayed there till 1am! That's when I got the 250. Corrected.  2am  265. Small correction per bolus wizard. 3am 290. No ketones, times to change site (I knew that wasn't the issue but better safe than sorry), corrected with Syringe and at 6:30am he hit 112, by 7:30 he was at 89.

Thanks Diabetes for your insanity, inconsistency's and all around shittiness.

But I will thank you for you allowing him to play all day yesterday and stay steady between 100-115! That was awesome.

4 comments:

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

"All around shittiness" indeed.

Renata said...

I hate the rollercoaster. I think that's when I feel the most frustrated and useless.

Reyna said...

One thing you can count on with "d" is it is consistent with being "inconsistent, shitty, and insane"! Love ya mad Alexis and Justice!!! Keep up the great work.

Alexis of Justices Misbehaving Pancreas said...

Indeed Lo.

Renata, seriously and it makes them feel so shitty! Up until that first low he was doing great all day! But once he has a low....you know theres gonna be a high.

Reyna dont I know it!? I love you too! I hate that we dont live closer so we can bitch in person ;)

Celebrate With Us!