Friday, October 1, 2010

Awareness

I'm sure you're all wondering why I needed/wanted the name of your kiddos or T1 family members, well here it is!

Our chapter holds a T-shirt contest every year at the walk. We ordered shirts with our blog logo, team, name etc. Then I customized the back of our shirts with "My son needs a cure". "My brother needs a cure". I need a cure". Paired with some diabetes art necklaces they are ready!

But I decided for the shirt contest I wanted to honor ALL Types 1, I have grown so close to so many Type 1 families and I wanted to represent you all. So here it is! "1 Disease, Many Faces".

I hope you like it, and if your name or child's is not on there please just comment below with names.

Also....I did a 30 minute interview with our Outreach Coordinator from JDRF this morning on Mix 94.1! It was amazing!! I teared up a lot but held my composure and got all my points! I stressed at the end how T1 is autoimmune and please don't tell parents/kids/adults NOT to eat something cause they can! And to be supportive, and not to shrug off the seriousness of this disease. I think I rocked it ;).

It will air Sunday at 6am in Vegas. I'm getting a copy and will attempt to upload it.

I love you all and hope I represented Dmamas well!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

7 comments:

FatCatAnna \\^^// said...

Darn proud of you and Justice for all you are doing for bringing diabetic awareness into our big blue marble!

Denise said...

What a great idea! I LOVE it!!

Heidi / D-Tales said...

There's no question. You absolutely represented the D mamas well!!! The shirt is AWESOME!!!! Let us know whether it wins the contest. Surely, it has to be one of the best entries. The concept is just wonderful!

I hope you're able to upload the interview. I'd love to listen to it. Thank you for all that you're doing on behalf of the T1 community!!!

Reyna said...

Alexis,

I showed Joe his name earlier tonight (before I went out with the girls - lol) and he loves it. You did us all proud and more importantly you did our children proud. THANK YOU. I applaud all of your efforts in raising awareness about type 1. You are an inspiration. I cannot wait to hear about the t-shirt contest and the interview.

Love.Love!!!

Lora said...

the shirts are great... AND I knew you would rock that interview. Its cuz ur awesome like that :)

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

That's great!

Alexis of Justices Misbehaving Pancreas said...

So glad you all like it!!! Love u all seriously <3

Celebrate With Us!