Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A meme on Justice, my hero

Straight from the mouth of Justice. My hero, my inspiration, the strongest person I know.


What is your name?
Justice

How old are you?
7, about to be 8

When were you diagnosed with diabetes?
10/21/08.

Do you remember what happened when you were diagnosed or how you felt?
I was vomiting, my mom wanted me to eat but I didn't want anything. I was sick really sick.

Do finger pokes or shots [or site insertions/infusion set changes] hurt?
Ehhh, finger pricking never. Sometimes site changes, but I don't really care.

What is a high number?
Over 200 (over 160 we correct)

What is a low number?
If its under 80

What does low blood sugar feel like?
I feel like jello

What's your favorite way to treat a low?
I wanna say Smarties

How do you feel when your blood sugar level is high?
I get angry alot

What's the best thing about having diabetes?
Are u kidding me!? Nothings good about having Diabetes, horror that can never come out. Like a scary movie that can never come out. It hurts.
 
What's the worst thing about having diabetes?
Oh! Worst probably everything. But we are looking for a cure so...

Do you worry much about diabetes?
No not really, except when I'm low

If one of your friends were diagnosed with diabetes, what would you say to that friend?
I'd say, you're T1 too? Do u have a group to find a cure? Then I'd say join JDRF. We can work together and see each other. If you do good with Syringes you might get a pump, you can name it.

What's your favorite food?
Oh ! My favorite is probably corn dogs.

What's your favorite snack?
Apples! 


What's your favorite low-carb food?
Turkey Pepperoni
 
Do you know what a blog is?
No wish I did.

Do you know that I blog about diabetes?
Yea

Do you care?
Well does It include me? (Yes) well then I love it.

Why do you think I blog about diabetes?
Because you might have a doctor see it, well I have no idea
 

What's your biggest wish?
To have any super power I want!

Who's your best friend?
Ill never forget him. Joshua
 
What's your favorite thing to do?
Probably, watching comedies

Do you have a hero?
My hero. Since I was 4 spiderman. (What about a real person?) My mom, you help me with Diabetes more than anyone.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A scientist, so I can give myself superpowers

Who's your favorite person in the whole wide world?
Joshua, my brother, my dad, mom and dog! :)

Are you afraid of anything?
Yes. Of horror movies.

Fill in the blank. (Your name) is___________. There is no right or wrong answer.
"A guy who can help us find a cure!"
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Reyna said...

Gotta love JUSTICE. He is just like you Alexis! He is pro-active...he will advocate. advocate. advocate. Thank you for bringing this strong, eloquent human being into our world.

(((HUGS)))

Meri said...

Hello! Super powers are genius! What a great kid...I hope he DOES become a scientist and he DOES find a way to get super powers!

Heather said...

Wow, the best things about Diabetes really hits home. I love that he is so involved with his diabetes. You are raising a great little boy there!
Oh, and I LOVE that he wants to have super powers!

Celebrate With Us!