Its annual D Blog Day. A day started by fellow D advocate and Blogger Gina Capone.
Today we discuss 6 things I want YOU to know.
First I asked Justice and he said "Just tell em it sucks 6x". Point taken baby.
Heres MY 6 things:
1. TYPE 1 is auto immune. Justices body attacked itself. Means basically it fought of good cells instead of bad.
2. Diet, exercise and preservatives did not cause his Type 1.
3. When I cry about the loss of one of our D kids in the community please dont tell me , "yea but you take such good care of him and hes sugars are good". This doesnt help. This is you brushing off the fear and concern we live with everyday.
4. Dont say outloud "well Justice cant have that". He can have the same shit as your kid. He just needs to ensure his sugars in range and count the carbs.
5. It hurts that SOME family/friends asks less about hows Justice is doing than perfect strangers. Im tired of the lack of support. Im tired of the brushing me off when I tell you he had short term memory loss due to a low. Im tired of the not caring. EVERYDAY is a battle. Its hard. We cry, we get angry and scared. The lack of support just makes it worse.
6. Im not the same person. Im on a mission to yes find a cure but to give my son THE best care and life possible. I appreciate things that you may not and get frustrated when you get angry about trivial shit. Sorry its the truth.
If you want to know more just ask....
The walk was amazing!! We walked for a cure with JDRF on 11/6/10. We cut the ribbon, we won best family t shirt (this is where all your kiddos and your names were featured! All fellow type 1s were given a spot on the shirt.) and ended up with about 26 walkers!
It was an amazing day. If I could bottle up that feeling and sip a bit each day I would!
There are some pics on flickr.com/sugar_nova. My dads a professional photographer and did an amazing job..theres about 300 more pics coming....
Shoutout to all my team mates and all who supported us. Love you all!!