Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Hero. Our Advocate.

Well we did it! After weeks of planning, while I appeared on two radio shows to speak about Type 1 and JDRF, we finally taped a segment on "Dealing with Diabetes", with our local channel 8 news and the wonderful Paula Francis!

I expected to answer most of the questions and for Justice to chime in but to my amazement it was the other way around! Justice took over!

He explained (in his 8 year old terms) the difference of type 1 and 2, what highs and lows feel like, what a pump is, what he does as a Youth Ambassador for JDRF and how more than anything he wants a cure.

I politely interjected here and there to clarify his answers or explain Ms Francis' questions to him. All and all he was AMAZING!!!

I am so proud of my baby! Mind you an hour before he had a flu shot and for the last 2 weeks hes been battling daytime lows and nightimes highs. But he took it all and stride and did it with a smile on his face.

For those in Vegas interview will be airing tomorrow on Channel 8 at 6pm. I will be requesting a copy so I can upload it ofcourse. Also you can check out Channel 8's website and find the section Dealing With Diabetes. Im sure after tomorrow it will be on there. 8newsnow.com.

Today local news. Tomorrow CNN? Who knows but you can bet we're not done yet!

8 comments:

Renata said...

Absofrickenlutely! Can't wait to see the video! Way to go little man. (and mom)

Penny said...

Wonderful!!!! And great for both of you - I want to see the video!

Reyna said...

I want to see the video too! Upload, Upload, Upload!!!!

I am so proud of you guys. You never let an opportunity pass to educate and advocate Lexxi and Justice. Thank You.

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

Nice job! I'm sure that was beyond exciting! Way to go!

Denise said...

You guys ROCK!! Can't wait to see it.

Heather said...

That is awesome! I can't wait to see the video!

Scott Strange said...

Way to go Justice! (and mom)

Lora said...

Way to go J!! We are all so proud. Can't wait to see the video

Celebrate With Us!