Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Random

I have Smartie wrappers in my bed.

There are used test strips in my pockets.

I have empty juice boxes under my couch.

All my clothes have small drops of blood.

I dont have insomnia but I dont sleep.

My linen closet is stocked with life saving supplies.

I get excited when we get a new meter or free box of strips.

I worry about my oldest child more than a parent should.

My new favorite color is blue.

My cupboard looks like its Halloween year round.

Most parents get excited when kids are active and will sleep well....I fear dangerous lows all nite.

The most expensive thing I "own" is attached to my son and keeps him alive.

Sometimes I bite my lip to keep from crying.

The smell of band aids makes me feel safe and sad all at once.

I fear my other son will too be diagnosed.

I should be asleep but am waiting for next sugar check.

I let my son curse (dam, ass, hell) during 3am site changes due to highs.

I miss my sons pancreas.

I will not stop fighting for a cure.

I will continue to spread awareness.

I dont care who likes it I will discuss D as much as I want.

I love my fellow Ds and Dmama more than they know.

AND A BONUS....

JUST FOUND OUT JUSTICE AND I ARE CUTTING THE START RIBBON AT OUR JDRF WALK THIS SATURDAY!

I am a D mom and damn fuckin proud of it.

10 comments:

Denise said...

You go girl!
Damn proud to be a Dmama with you!

Shelly P. said...

That is AWSOME that you guys get to cut the ribbon!!!! Huge hugs to you guys from the Potters!!!

AmyK said...

I *heart* random! Damn proud to be right here with you!

Renata said...

WOOOHOOOO!!!! That is awesome you are guys are starting the walk. Man oh Man. Get plenty of pictures!

We are with you in the lows and can't wait to celebrate with you in the highs. (horrbible puns, I know)

Penny said...

Yipeeeee!!! Congrats on the ribbon cutting!
I am with you on everything else there on your list hon!

Reyna said...

Whoopie!!! on the Ribbon Cutting for you and Justice. I am in on the list too. Especially the part where you mention loving the D Mamas and PWD's...and I heart the D Dads too!!!!

Have a great day girl.

Jen said...

SO great you are cutting the ribbon! I love this post btw and am sending some love right back at ya. You know, you are in my home state and reading your blog always gives me a taste of home..and I love that!

em180 said...

preach sista! i hear ya on all points. So exciting about the ribbon cutting. Make sure there's plenty of photos being taken :)

em180 said...

preach sista! i hear ya on all points. So exciting about the ribbon cutting. Make sure there's plenty of photos being taken :)

Heidi / D-Tales said...

LOVE this!!!

Jack cut the ribbon at our Walk a couple of years ago. It was such a thrill! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

Celebrate With Us!