Saturday, November 27, 2010

Synsyre!!!! Special Sib of a D Kid Day!!

Its here!! Yes! Arent you excited?! I am. Justice sorta is. Synsyre is over the top excited!!

Why? Oh lord where have you been?? Sherry of Jennas Pet Monkey and I have declared today " Special Sib of a D Kid Day"! Thats right today is all about those siblings who not only endure so much dealing with Diabetes as well, but support their D sib all the way! Theyre amazing.

Lets meet mine shall we?

Synsyre is 5. His idol is Michael Jackson. He can and would eat all day if we let him. He has the cutest lisp and still talks like hes a baby yet hes smart as a whip! He collects loose change and turns it in every night "mama heres money for Justices cure". He cried when I told him he couldnt marry me and proposes atleast twice a week still. Hes seriously the sweetest child and so funny. Hes an awesome lil brother. Yes they fight all the time but their bond is without question one of the strongest Ive ever seen. It moves me.

Synsyre puts up with alot. Daily and or weekly this is what he hears:

"Synsyre!! Meter now!!"--Im on the couch with J, dads out, Synsyre is in the kitchen closest to the meter. Its seriously no more than a foot away but when Js low he likes me to sit with him. He gets scared. Synsyre runs his tush to the table and always returns with it in hand in under 10 seconds. Seriously.

"Synsyre please leave Justice alone his sugar is high and hes feel crappy".--This may be the worst. When J is over 240 I am scared for Synsyres well being. No joke. He becomes combative, quicky irritated, critial and honestly just mean. Ofcourse Synsyre always wants to be up under his big bro but when bgs are high he must stay away for his safety. It breaks my heart.

"Synsyre not now Im ____________". Insert here changing sites, filling cartridges, checking sugars, checking ketones, adjusting basals, tweaking ICs, priming tubing, counting carbs, weighing food. It sucks. Its not fair. But he deal with it like such a trooper.

Today is not about that though. Yes D will still be here and we will still have to do everything that we normally do. But today we are going to celebrate Synsyre. The most awesomest, adorable, funny, supportive, loving and cutest D sibling evaaaa!!

Dear Synsyre,
I know at times it may seem like Justice is more important as you often say, or we care more about his Diabetes than you. But please know with every fiber of your being thats not true. We love you just the same but different. Youre our youngest, the baby, our comedian and go to guy when we need a good laugh or want a juicy kiss! Mommy and daddy adore you and would do anything in this wrld to keep you happy, healthy and safe.

I want to take this time to thank you. Thank you for being my son, my friend, the best lil brother Justice could have. Youre simply amazing and I hope that you know that. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH PUTTYCAT!!!

Love always,
Mommy. Your best friend. And ok ok your wife ;)


To celebrate we got Synsyre a card, Scooby Doo dvd and some Spongebob candy. Hes going to be so surprised!

Id like to share with you all some pics from Synsyre favorite photoshoot to date. As well as some video.PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Hope the youtube links work! If not find me on youtibe under The SugarNova

m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=85atzhJI-1s


m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=PptQMpSbOeI

m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=rHW-0J5MgFE



*Also check out my guest post over at diabetessocmed.com/2010/guest-post-by-alexis-of/

9 comments:

Sherry said...

You are one lucky Mama to have such wonderful boys! What a sweetheart you are Synsyre! (((HUGS)))

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

What a cutie! Rock on Synsyre

Tracy (The Crazy Pancreas) said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing more about your youngest. :-)

Renata said...

I just balled when you wrote that he asks you twice a day to marry you and cried when you said you can't. That is just true love for his momma. What a beautiful boy.

Wendy said...

Synsyre,
You are an amazing brother. Justice is so blessed to have you by his side. As the two of you grow into adulthood, you will share many bonds. Diabetes is only one of them. Don't ever forget what a great kid you are and always hold your head up high.
Much Love,
The Rose Family

Joanne said...

What a great kiddo! Thanks for sharing about him. Justice sounds pretty lucky to have such a caring brother by his side. Thanks for coming up with this idea... I have enjoyed reading about all the other kiddos who take a back seat to D.

Lora said...

Justin said he was going to marry me. I gave up trying to explain after a while. Now I think were just going to live together forever :)

Danielle said...

Love it! What cute boys you've got!

Heidi / D-Tales said...

He has a certain "squeeze factor," where I want to hug him and squeeze him and tell him how cute he is.

I think it's incredibly sweet that he collects change for the cure. Seriously, how sweet is that??!!! And he wants to marry you?! Don't you just love how your little boy loves you so?!

BTW, this special sib of a D kid day is awesome! I couldn't pull it together to post on 11/28. But I love this idea and I appreciate you and Sherry initiating it. So I will write about my two little special sibs one day soon.

Celebrate With Us!