Friday, December 24, 2010

Found it.

Back in April I found out a "friend" had told another friend that I tweeted about Diabetes too much. And enough with the Diabetes talk. Wow. It hurt. It felt like no one gave a shit about what was going on and really didnt take this disease seriously.

I deleted my twitter account. I made a new one. And I dont know how but The DOC found me. Some of the first I tweeted with were @Collenau @em180 @colcalli @linda4thecure. They welcomed me and taught me all about hasgtags and #bgwed and that I could tweet to my hearts content about Diabetes! I found a group of PWDs who took me in. Let me know I was not alone and showed me how amazing this community is. My twitter fam is huge now almost 500 followers all pretty much from the DOC!I love each and everyone one of them. You all are amazing and Id be lost without you. Twitter is what started my adventure into the DOC.

I was home.

And then a friend of mine suggested with a few others that I start a blog. I talk alot and they figured why not write?! I have to say it was the best thing I ever decided to do. The first ladies I connected with were Reyna, Laura, Lora, Heidi, Hallie, Heather and Wendy. I now found another group of people mostly mothers who were dealing with the same things I was! As I kept blogging I found so many more D mamas!! Strong, funny, courageous, compassionate, selfless woman who I love so much.

You ladies are my sisters, my friends, my family. I only hope I have given each of you atleast 1/4 of what you have given me.

When I hear this song, its as if it was written for the DOC.

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved...

Diabetes is a long, hard, nasty road most of the time. And while I would give anything to rid my son of it and all of you as well, I am beyond grateful to have all of you amazing people by my side taking the journey with me.

They say everything happens for a reason. Ive struggled for 2 years to find the reason for Justices diagnosis...

I think it was to lead me to YOU.


HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND NEW YEAR! MAY YOU ALL FIND YOUR SILVER LINING AND BLESSINGS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.Holiday Blessings

12 comments:

Deanna said...

I stand in agreement with you 100%. The DOC has saved my sanity. <3

Heather said...

Love ya girl! Don't know where I'd be without the DOC either. So glad we found each other and the DOC. ((Hugs))

Penny said...

I am so very glad that we all found each other. This DOC rocks with you in it Lexi! Blessings at Christmas and here's to 2011!

Reyna said...

Hey Lexxi...I am tearing up over here in VT. Amazing Grace always gets to me. It is powerful and to know that for you it represents the DOC coming into your life...well...I am choked up.

I SUCK at twitter. I need to get better at it. I almost never go on. Do you stay logged in all the time? and the hash-tag thing confuses me... I am not the brightest bulb when it comes to "techie" stuff. :)

Merry Christmas. I am in awe of the blessings I have found in you and the DOC as well. I didn't even know it existed until about 11 months ago...shortly after I started Beta Buddies...xoxo

Wendy said...

Thanks for the cry, my friend. My life has been abundantly blessed through the friends I have found in the DOC.

When I'm gone for a bit, I miss you guys....when I'm in the thick of it, I feel right at home.

Love you, my friend.

Thanks for saving me :)

Stephanie said...

I couldn't have said it better myself...the DOC has saved me and I can't believe how quickly it has become an important part of my life. ((hugs))

Meri said...

Merry Christmas Alexis! May this new year bring you blessings galore!

Tracy (The Crazy Pancreas) said...

The DOC was exactly what I needed after dx too. :)

Lora said...

I'm with Reyna! Maybe for your next post, you can teach the "twits" how to tweet-er-er properly.

I don't get all the #blablabla either.

Love ya girl!!! Glad we found eachother :)

Donna ((Sweet Momma)) said...

Perfectly said! I agree completely! =)

Merry Christmas, my new friend!

Renata said...

And we love every moment that you share with us. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Hallie said...

Totally crying!!! Love u, Lexi! I need serious Twitter help, too! Can u teach me? I don't get # at all!

Celebrate With Us!