Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tis The Season For Miracles...

Holidays in our house were put on hold this year. Money is tight, no family here, and its ok. We have each other and the life saving devices we need to keep our son alive, a roof over our head, and food on the table. I am ok with that. We agreed presents would have to wait until one of us found work.

But then an angel sent me a card. A card to uplift my spirits. A card telling me I was supportive of others and deserved some joy, and it was my time to be on the recieving end of something good.

Wow. The words resinated through my soul and my tears were pouring. Just as I went to turn the card over, some "holiday spirit" fell out. Enough to help us buy the boys some gifts and a pay a bill. Wow.

Wow. Wow. Wow. Id like to say I never met this person, never spoke on the phone with this person, but have through the wonders of the web have chatted and built a friendship with said person.

I cant begin to say how grateful we are. How this changed our holidays. Not because we can afford some gifts but because it restored our hope and faith that others do care about us. They are out there, and although may never have met my boys have love for them.

This person shall remain nameless. But please know you touched me in a way I cant explain. Your words made me feel hopeful again. And ofcourse your generousity has made our boys beyond excited for the holidays! But please know just your constanht support and friendship has been a blessing. I wouldnt trade it for anything.

THANK YOU. FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS. WISHING YOU ALL OF THE BEST AS ITS SO CLEAR YOU TRULY DESERVE.

I has to edit this post because just when we thought our xmas/chanukah miracles were over, a friend took us shopping for a xmas tree of our very own! A beautiful 6 ft one!

But nope thats not it...so many have responded to help us with strips! We use them so much but I dont think I ever stopped to think what would happen if we didnt have them!? I am so grateful to have people who understand the need and not wanting to cut down checks due to money.

Thank you my friends. You are true angels on earth and my xmas/chanukah miracles. Holiday Scene, with blinking lighttower, fully animated with snow

12 comments:

Lora said...

This made me smile. You never know when the angels will swoop down.

Reyna said...

BIG SMILES, BIG SMILES!!! Lexxi you and yours deserve a little Christmas Magic! (((HUGS)))

htimm=) said...

I love this! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Penny said...

Blessings my friend Lexi. You deserve it. There are angels among us all.

Nicole said...

What a wonderful Christmas story!!

Tracy (The Crazy Pancreas) said...

Love this! So glad the community is able to help in times of need. :-)

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

:)

Cindy said...

Oh, I so love reading Christmas stories like this one! This is what the season is supposed to be about! I'm so glad that someone was able to reach out and restore your faith in the season, Lexi! And so happy your boys are getting a little bit of Christmas!

Renata said...

WOOHOO! Just goes to show you that there are still so many beautiful people out there.

Glad you can smile this holiday!

Laura said...

WOW! That is awesome!
I am smiling from ear to ear!!
You so deserve it!! Love you and your so awesome family!

Wendy said...

Angels do exist. God bless, my friend :)

Jen said...

A true Christmas miracle. I am going to carry this story with me this week..Much love to you and your family!

Celebrate With Us!