Friday, January 28, 2011

Our Blue Candles

Photobucket
FOUR lives were claimed this past week by the monster we all live with, type 1 diabetes.

A mother, a college girl, a teen boy, and an 18 month old lil girl.

My heart is heavy. My mind is wandering. My fears are at its peak. Our community knows the dangers of this disease, we meet with them eye to eye everyday. But it doesnt prepare you for days like this.

To our fallen type 1 angels may you rest in peace.

To the families of those lost, you are in our hearts and prayers.

To my D-OC I wish we could all be together right now to hug one another and be that beacon of hope and strength we all are to one another everyday.

I wish I had something more profound to say but Im at a loss for words.

Im going to hug my type 1 hero and lil man.....



6 comments:

Hallie said...

((hugs)) right back, Lex!

Haley said...

The sad moments like these are the ones which bring everyone together.
I wish the best for those families. It truly just breaks my heart knowing that could happen to any of us.
*hugs*

Reyna said...

Love you Lexi...I wish I could be with all of you at times like these. These deaths make our reality so "real".

Penny said...

Love you Lex, hugs my friend.

Stacey D. said...

This truly breaks my heart like nothing else. And scares the crap out of me. I really wish we could all get together for some hugs!

Wendy said...

YOU COUNT.

Love you....(((hugs)))

Celebrate With Us!