Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fashion CAN Save Lives.

Yup. You heard me. If you have been reading my blog for a while or following me on twitter or have ever met me you know I am a die hard fashionista!! I loves me some good fashion. Especailly when its unique. I love to stand out and be different.

But fashion that can save lives?! YES!

Now are you ready for how?

(Ok first let me start by saying my AMAZING friend Wendy is the brains behind this campaign.)

Did you know that there are over 100,000 plus kids in the world without access to insulin? Yes. Insulin. The hormone that without which Type 1 Diabetics would die. My son included.

How can we fight for a cure, and better technologies while there are children and adults dying because they cant access the bare necessity of insulin?

Something must be done.

Wendy has teamed up with many different vendors to help raise money in this endeavor. The organization at the heart of it all is called LIFE FOR A CHILD.

By just purchasing something that is fashionable (yes ladies) you are actually saving LIVES.

One of these awesome vendors is Once Upon A Sugar Tree


They have a personal connection to Diabetes and have partnered with Wendy to start saving lives, one beautiful necklace or key chain at a time.

Here are some of there gorgeous products.





Once Upon A Tree will be donating $1 from every necklace or keychain from the Blue Circle collection!

So click on any of the links below to get more information and join this wonderful crusade.

Once Upon A Sugar Tree

Wendy at Candy Hearts

So remember when your friends ask you about that fabulous new necklace let them know how they too can get one, and how they are saving a life. One piece of fashion at a time.



3 comments:

Wendy said...

And, let me tell you GIIIIRRRRRL...you would look H-O-T sporting that bling :)

Thanks for sharing. XOXOXO

Donna ((Sweet Momma)) said...

Aren't they great?? :)
I can't wait until we get ours!!!

Reyna said...

Those look so cool. I am gonna be sporting me a "Joe" necklace!

Celebrate With Us!