Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's What Inside That Counts!

This is actually a post that I started months ago. From my cell. Before I got my laptop up and running, so it was impossible to actually post it.

Then  this awesome project came along.Fabulous Reyna posted hers today, following in the path of the always amazing Hallie and Wendy who VLOGed  on the subject  as  well.

Oh duh, what  is it? Well how would YOU like to help a newly diagnosed family?

I wish when Justice was  first diagnosed there was a D bag that came with a list of everything that  we should carry with us at all time. In case of an emergency, you need  more than just insulin, a syringe and juice!

I learned on my own. Luckily for me I am a bit OCD, and I a pack rat.  But in the beginning I would never have dreamed of needing all this stuff!

And then what about what  to put it IN. Bags. Coolers. Bookbags. OY!

The options are limited. Space was never enough. Style lacked. So I had to come up with something that worked.

But someone out there now is trying to take all our advice and yes expertise on the subject and create something better!



IA Collaborative wants to know whats in your D kit. What do you carry with you? Are you happy with your bag? What do you want that you don't have?

They WANT OUR HELP!! So, I sent in the pics below, and let them know what I want for a D bag.

Wont you join in?

Kit A is our main bag that carries it ALL.  Kit B is an old meter case that houses the smaller items, in Kit A.

I know pretty awesome.


Add caption







So I showed you mine, will you show me yours? 

7 comments:

Shannon@ The New Normal Life said...

I am in love that you carry a scale!! I love it!! THANKS for sharing!

Reyna said...

Seriously...YOU.ROCK.PERIOD. Thanks for the link LOVE. I heart you.

Laura @ Houston We Have A Problem! said...

Nice bag baby! :)
I'm going to try and show you mine tomorrow. Thinking about Vlogging it. Is that even a word??

Jules said...

i have no idea why i wasnt getting updates of your blog...so i 'rejoined'..hope it works this time! i love how professional these blogs about your kits are!

Nikki of Our Diabetic Warrior said...

I was just telling my husand today that I needed to get a compact food scale to carry with me! LOVE that you carry one!

Penny said...

WOW. You gals carry a lot with you. I am seriously thinking that something is wrong with us. We carry the basics. I'll have to get a post together about it.
Love the stuff you carry and the portable scale! The bag rocks too and how you have labelled it.

Hallie said...

Love it, Lex!!

Celebrate With Us!