Friday, May 13, 2011

Awesome Things Post #5 #Dblogweek #DSMA LIVE!!

Awesome things - Friday 5/13:In February the #dsma
blog carnival challenged us to write about the most
awesome thing we'd done DESPITE diabetes. Today
lets put a twist on that topic and focus on the good things diabetes has brought us. What awesome thing have you (or your child) done BECAUSE of diabetes? After all, like my blog header says, life with diabetes isnt all bad!

I am going to be honest. My hands hurt. Blogging and commenting via cell for 5 days is rough!

There are actually alot of things Ive done because of Diabetes that I am so proud of.

Ive raised money for JDRF.

Justice and I cut the ribbon at our JDRF Walk.

I have done 2 radio appearances for locals Vegas stations.

I have started an awesome blog.

Justice appeared on our local news to explain type 1.
(check out video links at top of blog).

I have met the most amazing, loving, awesome group of people ever!

I have become a source of support for my 80 year old grandma who was diagnosed a type 2 and because of me pushed...and found out shes actualy LADA.

I have been able to help people who need insulin and other supplies.

I have advocated.

So much more.

But the one thing today that is standing out in my mind...

Is my son.

Justice is Justice because of Diabetes. He is emphathetic, caring, sensitive, funny, smart, poetic, he is deep!

Last night it all came to life on #DSMA live.

The topic was school, work and D management.

He made me laugh. He made me cry. He made me so proud.

Heres two of my favorite quotes from last night.

"You can just fix it and try again".

"Im like Mario, Diabetes is Bowser. You just play the game".

All my strength and motivation comes from HIM.

I have to also thank Cherise, George and Scott for not only having Justice on the show but making him feel so comfortable. He said this morning how awesome they are and he cant wait to meet them all!

Then the callers! I swear Justice broke the record for callers! Lol Scott, Crystal, Penny, Wendy and Sugar, Haley, and Mike! He was so red! He couldnt believe all the love he was getting! Thank you for helping to make last night one he will never forget.

Wait..the tweets!! OMG! @thehoustonfive, @princessldybg, @txtngmypancreas, @kellyrawlings, just to name a few!! The love, support, and comments swelled my heart.

Thank you. Thank you all for helping me to see the amazing side of Diabetes.

If you havent heard last nights #DSMA live..click here!

Www.diabetessocmed.com/2011/juggling-diabetes-at-work-or-school/

My post cant sum up the awesomess that it was!

*Sorry this post lacked links etc, I had to rewrite it from my phone.

7 comments:

Princess LadyBug said...

OMG! I got a shout out from one of the most amazing women I have ever had the privilege of "knowing". You are a superstar & Justice is a super hero. Must run in the family. :)

I had a really rough couple of days, but hearing Justice's voice last night was a real turning point for me. I was still physically ill when I went to bed, but emotionally I was over the moon. You & Justice did that. So thank you. :)

Reyna said...

I am SO BUMMED I missed this. I don't even know what it is. Are people on a radio on the computer? And is it easier than that confusing twitter chat thing that I tried to do last week? I love the video game reference...sounds very similar to some of Joe's "Wisdom".

You + Justice = AWESOME!

Heidi / D-Tales said...

I wish I'd heard him last night!!! I'll have to check out the link.

This line is so great: "Im like Mario, Diabetes is Bowser. You just play the game." I can't wait to share it with Jack. He's going to love that!

RFamHere said...

Last night was the best #dsma live chat ever! I loved the quote "You can just fix it and try again." It's it amazing how something "bad" can bring out the good in so many people?

Denise aka 'Mom of Bean' said...

Sounds like it was an amazing experience for everyone!

Laura @ Houston We Have A Problem! said...

Dude - Rhinos don't need insulin!
OMG - I love J-Man!! What a rock star!!!!

I just texted you.

UGH - I am so sorry you are having to re-write your posts --- ON YOUR PHONE!!

monkeyschool said...

You are an amazing advocate. WOW! Justice sounds like an awesome kids....following your footsteps I am sure. I love the Mario analogy, lol.

Checking out the link now...fairly new to D so just learning the ropes. THank you so much for sharing.

Celebrate With Us!