Monday, May 16, 2011

The Day I Got Hurt by Justice

Sent from my mobile. Enjoy.
_____________________________________________________________


Some of you may have heard last week on #DSMA Live Justice talk about an essay he did at school. The assignment was to write about a day he got hurt. He picked his dx day. At first his teacher told him that wasnt him getting hurt, but he convinced her IT WAS.


Here it is.

"Diabetes Day".

"I got a disease on my birthday. It all stared on my birthday. It was fall. We had a vacation to my grandmas. My stomch hurt all the flight. I also urated my pants.

When I was at my Grandmas I was vamating. I ate nothing. My legs felt like jello. Mom called a amabalce. I was thirsty. They made me eat ice.

My doctor said I have Diabetes.

Thats the time I got hurt".

By Justice Newell

11 comments:

Reyna said...

WOW. That is powerful Lex. Yes, "hurt" indeed. Glad he set the teacher straight on the assignment. xoxo

Princess LadyBug said...

((((((Justice))))))

Now I have to go find some tissue. While I'm doing that can you flag down the little super hero & hug him real tight from me? Kthnx!

Oh & tell him he's my hero. :)

Denise aka 'Mom of Bean' said...

Wow. Nothing like hearing it straight from the one who was hurt. Powerful, indeed.

Amy said...

His teacher needed some serious 'schooling' and Justice did just that! Hurt like Hell . . . That is what diagnosis day is.

And, is it wrong I giggled at 'urated'? Hehehe. I love kid spelling :)

Misty said...

Awww...he's amazing! Love it, but also wish he had nothing more to write about than the time he fell off his bike, ya know?

The DL said...

This is really powerful. I would love to hear what the teacher had to say back.

Amy said...

Awwww...
It's kind of a like a little blog post. He's awesome.

Nikki of Our Diabetic Warrior said...

Bless his little heart! Justice - YOU ROCK KID!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow.... Diagnosis day does not qualify as "hurt"? Maybe teach would have liked to take our seven year old's place, for the assorted IVs (which the nurse's could never place the first, second.... I think they got someone expert who could finally insert one.) The shots... The fingersticks at the hospital (the hospital SERIOUSLY needs different lancer..... that definitely qualified as hurt). What an insensitive comment. Glad Justice told her like it is! P.S. Years ago, and I can still remember this like it was yesterday. Serious trauma; "hurt" is an understatement.

busymom said...

It hurt his feelings, his tummy, his fingers, and his future. It IS getting hurt. Bless his heart, but so glad he could stand up for his position! :) HOlly

Heidi / D-Tales said...

I'd say that qualifies as getting hurt.

Tell Justice that if I were his teacher, I'd give him an A+!

Celebrate With Us!