Tuesday, July 19, 2011

8 Letters

Detached from the outside world. Trying to fit in. Finding your new normal.

Intense moments defining the next, variables ever changing.

All too real. A big daily dose of reality. 

Bedtime. Scariest time of day. Restless waiting for the next check.

Eating requires weighing, calculating, being beyond prepared for what was once so simple.

True friends. Amazing group of people who fill me with love. Who make the other letters hold together.

Everchanging basals. Growth spurts, activity, school, the body reacting to all moments.

Stopping to appreciate the good. To be thankful for our technology, advancements, and what's to come. And ALL OF YOU.

12 comments:

Wendy said...

((Hugs))

It should come as no surprise that both

CHAMPION

and

ADVOCATE

are 8 letter words.

xoxo

WendyP said...

So are

STRONGER


and

FIGHTERS



WendyP

Denise aka 'Mom of Bean' said...

Beautiful, Lex.

Reyna said...

"STRENGTH"
"WE.ARE.ONE"
"I.LOVE.YOU"

xo

Scully said...

"A Big Daily Dose Of Reality."
Yup.
powerful little poem. thank you.

Penny said...

Great words Lexi!
thanks

Amy said...

"Who make the other letters hold together." . . . = . . . chills down my spine.

THIS. IS. FABULOSITY.

And Wendy? Yeah, she can play, too. What a cool way to respond.

Me? Just going to tuck that beautiful poem in my pocket and pull it out often to savor.

Joanne said...

That was beautiful... thanks for sharing

shannon said...

so beautiful. love it. thank you.

Misty said...

Beautiful! Thankful for you too :)

Rachael said...

Thanks cutie! That was amazing. I don't comment enough, but I LOVE reading your inspiring words! They have touched my heart on so many occasions! Thank-you!

Lora said...

I wish I could write like that.

Celebrate With Us!