Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Birthday J.M.P!!

Wow! Has it been a year already? A year of my bitching, moaning, crying, non stop swearing, half ass posts via cell, and the colorful way only I can tell a story?

A year of YOU. A year of support, love, comfort, same same, and friendship.

I have made some of the most amazing friends because of this blog.

I have gained back some of my sanity because of this blog.

I have learned its ok to cry because of this blog.

Ok to laugh.

Ok to to just be in the moment.

I've found a group of people who love me for me.

Who get the D mama in me, but embrace the crazy biatch that I naturally am.

I want to thank you. Thank you for loving me. For loving my family. For always being here when I need you most. For letting me know it will be ok.

I hope I give you all atleast a quarter of what you have given me.

But wait!

Its also been 1 year since Justice started pumping. 1 year ago today he was on the Accu Chek spirit. It want until Sept we switched to the Ping, but still 1 year since we said bye bye needles!

It was so hard at first I won't lie. I wanted to bash my head in. But I got through. We got through. (Big huge thanks to my girly Sarah).

Seems like a monumental week doesn't it?!

Sooooo I wanna celebrate. Celebrate the D mama, D dad, or PWD in us/you and the YOU, YOU.

I have special gift to give away to one lucky winner. Something to help with the D stuff and something to make your day a little better.

Its a surprise! But trust me the value of this gift is high.

Leave a comment here before Thursday July 7th at Midnight. Winner will be announced Friday night July 8th at Midnight.
Leave your name if you don't have a blogger account, and I will annouce the winner July 10th. If winner doesn't respond in 24 hours I pick another.

1 entry for comment. 1 entry for FBing it. 1 entry for blogging it and 1 for a tweet.

ONLY two rules are you must be either a PWD, a D parent, D grandparent or something like that.

Second rule..just for fun. What's your favorite memory or blog post from Justice's Misbehaving Pancreas? Or your favorite thing about this blog?

Love you guys. Good luck!

And THANK YOU.


38 comments:

Scott said...

Happy blogaversary!!

Diane D said...

Happy blogaversary! I love how you don't pull any punches. Your honesty is amazing. thank you for being you and putting words to the thoughts in my head :)

Lora said...

Happy bloggy-versary!! I love surprises :)

My favorite thing... duh! Your my twin, so it MUST be you :)

Denise said...

Love your 'REALness' - you tell it like it is and how you feel it. I admire all you do to advocate and educate. Basically, YOU ROCK!
:-)

Toucan Scraps said...

congrats on your blogaversary, so glad you decided to make this blog and It's been good getting to know you a little bit.

Denise aka 'Mom of Bean' said...

WooHoo! Happy blogaversary!

Love the f*cckin glitter, baby!! ;)

Penny said...

Happy Blogaversary my faraway friend! You and J and S and B too, rock in so many ways. I am glad we are on this journey together!

The DL said...

Happy Blogaversary!!!! Yeah!! Those deserts look AMAZING!!

Hallie said...

WOOT! Happy, happy day! I'm so glad to have found you in this crazy journey we live! Easy peasy - my favorite thing is YOU and Justice! :)

Laura @ Houston We Have A Problem! said...

I love you and your sweet family. That is all!! Hershey kisses!! MWAH!

Laura @ Houston We Have A Problem! said...

FB'd it --- are we supposed to do that?? I did it. :)

Laura @ Houston We Have A Problem! said...

Tweeted it too!!!!!!

Laura @ Houston We Have A Problem! said...

I'm totally going to win!!!!

Misty said...

Happy happy Bloggy birthday to you! Ooh a surprise, how fun! I simply love YOU girl...and your misbehavin' blog.

Cindy said...

Aw, Happy Blogaversary! You are one fantastic person, Alexis! I too am a fan of how honest and raw your writing is!

Joanne said...

Happy Blog-o-versary! I love how you just tell it like it is and don't hold anything back. You are fabulous!

Lora said...

Tweet tweet

Lora said...

Face booked :)

Nicole said...

Happy Happy 1 year blogging!! I love that you have a D twin blogging mama and of course your poems.

Thanks for blogging :)

Nicole said...

tweeted :)

Haley said...

Happy Blogaversary! my favorite memory was talking to you and Justice on the talk show.

congrats! <3

Amy said...

Happy, oh happy blogaversary!!!!!

Shannon@ The New Normal Life said...

HI!! Well my fav post was about bleeding glitter... also I love how you are so friendly and helpful even though our boys are so many years apart!!

Shannon@ The New Normal Life said...

i facebooked it :)

Holly said...

Aww..happy pumpaversary (and blogaversary)! ; ) Love your realness and your sweet honest video-you are REAL. Invaluable. : )

Reyna said...

YAY!!! I am so in. Thank you for the extension. I have had some family business to attend to and am now on vacation. I am trying to keep up with everyone, but clearly I missed this.

My favorite post is perhaps the one that you showed what goes into feeding our children. An eye-opener in spreading awareness. I admire your transparency and your ability to say it like it is. You have made such a huge difference in so many of our lives Lexi. Thank you for that. xoxoxo

Kimberly said...

I am so behind!!! Am Facebooking and Tweeting!!! Love YOU Lex!!!!!

TheCrazyHouse said...

Happy Blogaversary! I just love reading your blog and knowing that you aren't afraid to say how you feel about diabetes...good or bad~Lisa

Misty said...

Shared on FB!!

Misty said...

Tweet Tweet!

Jill said...

Happy Blog Anniversary!! Its been a FAST year :) Sorry I'm behind on blogs but I saw this posted on FB so I'm here...heehee! Luv ya girlie!!!

Jill said...

Facebooked it! ;)

Denise said...

Fb'd it!
Heading out of town so if I win (fingers crossed) don't give it to someone else... I won't have internet till Weds night ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty! JMP was one of the very first blogs I read when Alaina was diagnosed. Your "real-ness" helped more than you could ever know. Happy Blogaversay!

Jenn Colby

Amy said...

YEAH!!! Happy pump and blogaversary... I love to read your blog.. It is so real and raw and I love that.. Keep it up!!
You are a GREAT D mamma!!

Princess LadyBug said...

Happy Blogaversary!!! Love you guys!!!

Wendy said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm IN!!!!!

Hmmm...I think my fav was that Dexcom/pump/shot video you made :)

Lisa said...

Happy Blogaversary! Can't wait to see what the surprise is! I love the way you are so honest in all your postings :).

Celebrate With Us!