Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Today We Celebrate...

Everyday is a gift. Everyday we should celebrate. Everyday we should be thankful for all we have. A small bottle, filled with a liquid that saved my son. Allows him to LIVE. Allows me to watch him grow. Allows us to see him smile, play, and be the life of the party. Without this little bottle I would be only a mother of one. 90 years ago today Insulin was born. It changed the world forever. Mothers would no longer bury their babies. Husbands their wives. Sisters their brothers. It gave those with Diabetes a chance at LIFE. Everyday this discovery keeps my son alive. And millions of others. As I sit here and cry I remember the fate of those who weren't as fortunate. I feel like the luckiest and richest person on earth. Thank you Dr. Bantings for giving LIFE where the was not. Because we have Insulin, we have him....

3 comments:

Toucan Scraps said...

amen.

here's a tribute I did a while ago.
http://www.rakscraps.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=99745

Rachael said...

"I don't wanna be dead" That's sad.... What a reality.

They are SO cute, as are you! Thanks for the lovely post! :)

Reyna said...

Love it!!! Happy Birthday Insulin is RIGHT!

Celebrate With Us!