Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Best Night Of My Life".

That's how Justice described tonight.

I myself don't even know where to begin! Seriously this post is gonna be all over the place I'm sure cause I'm still on a high, from tonight.

Tonight (Wens night), I had the absolute pleasure of hanging with....

George (@Ninjabetic), Scott (@scottkjohnson) aka D Scott  (Justice is responsible for that one lol), Allison (@amblass), Mollie (@curemoll), and Katie (@1littleprick). (My phone isn't letting me link, sorry!).

I had to add everyones twitter handle cause that's how I met all these AMAZING PWDs.

If you don't tweet. Get on it! You have no idea the amazing DOC that chills over there. Its where the cool kids are at ;).

Tonight we sat, we ate, talked, laughed, I think I teared up a few times, the boys showed off dance moves, compared pumps, discussed Glee, and other crazy things that you...well you had to be there.

It was honestly one of the most memorable nights I've ever had. I felt like I was with family. We all just meshed together, and we got each other! Instantly.

Only downside of the night was when J got a lil testy and had an attitude. I assumed he was low? NOPE. He said "I just hate goodbyes.". That's LOVE.

Justice ADORES his new uncles George and Scott. Seeing him bump pumps, compare Dexs, see who's had the "lowest low", it warmed my heart. He sees that growing up and living an awesome life with D is possible!

I'm so grateful for him to have such outstanding role models!

I'm going to stop yapping and just post pics now cause I can go on and on and on about how much I love these people!!

Thank you all for being who you are, for being my friend, a role model for my son, for just being a fantastic person and PWD.

Moments like these make you see the awesomeness in a life with D.







20 comments:

Crystal said...

AWESOMESAUCYNESS!!! :-D :-D SO glad you got to meet these great people. And to see Justice with them warms my heart. The DOC Rocks.

Reyna said...

My heart is left HAPPY after reading this post. What a wonderful evening indeed Lex.

Cara said...

I won't lie, I'm a little (a LOT!) jealous. :) It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I'm so glad Justice got to meet George & Scott. D meet-ups are the BEST! It's one of the reasons I love my trips to NY so much.

Michael Hoskins said...

This is so awesome, beyond awesomesauce! Love it. Glad Justice got to meet and hang with some cool guys like George and Scott, who make everything seem awesome and are so much fun to be around. Sounds like you all had a great time, and I'm so glad it worked out and some of the DOC got to connect in real life like that!

Penny said...

So very wonderful and inspiring and just plain fabulous! They are great guys and gals and such role models for our kiddos! What a great pick-me-up for J and you and everyone!
And looking at the pics, I see how big Biggah is, cause I already know how tall Scott is and I just now realize how petite you are Lexi! I love pictures!

Kim said...

SO CUTE! I'm so glad you all got to meet and hang out. :) Looks like a great group!

Roselady said...

Gosh, certainly couldn't pass up a post about the best night ever!

Meagan said...

Wow!!! How cool is that?!!?! They all look like they are having a fantastic time. Thanks for sharing this!!! :)

Nikki of Our Diabetic Warrior said...

What a great opportunity for Justice!!! I'm longing for that day when Andrew can meet up with other awesome PWD's!

Joanne said...

How fun. Glad J had such a great time. This post totally made me smile.

And sigh... twitter. I just can't wrap my head around 1 more thing to deal with, but I've heard how amazing it is. Maybe one day. Could someone please give me a 5 minute twitter tutorial???

Denise said...

Very cool!
Love that last pic.

shannon said...

sounds and looks like an AWESOME time, thanks so much for sharing the pics and the smiles! AWESOME!!!

joanne - kerri put together a quick twitter info bloggy blog: http://sixuntilme.com/blog2/2011/07/finding_diabetes_on_twitter.html

Denise aka 'Mom of Bean' said...

So great when meet ups like that happen. What great role models for J!

Wendy said...

I AM SO FREAKING JEALOUS.

THAT IS SO COOOOOLLLL!!!!!

BTW, don't think I didn't catch your little commentary earlier. Spill it. Email me ;)

Stephanie said...

How fun!!

Although, I have to admit, I think I'm too old to tweet. or twat? No, that's bad! TWITTER! Yeah, I don't understand how it works. I'd need a lesson like Joanne. :)

Michelle said...

That's totally awesome! I might just be a little jealous. :-) And I also think I need to be in on that twitter tutorial - I'm there (@t1tightropetango), but I'm beyond confused...

Katie said...

Wednesday was such a great night! I love all of your photos. It was awesome to meet you and your family!

George said...

Meeting Justice and all of you was the highlight of my time at AADE. Connecting with each other and building relationships is what it is all about for me.

I don't want Justice, or anyone else with diabetes, to ever feel alone. EVER!

Every time I get to Vegas I will let you know so we can hang out more.

And I still remember the sweet handshake. Can't wait to bust that out again!

<3

Jen said...

Awwww..I love it! Looks like a blast..I can't wait to get my new smartphone this fall so I can partake in the Twitter!

Karen G said...

I loved reading about this - some of my favorite people are there!!! Oh, and some of my favorite people that I haven't met yet . . .

Celebrate With Us!