Friday, September 2, 2011

Justice **UPDATE**

Hi. Sigh.

So this is where we are at.

Labs came back pretty much normal, thryoid levels were slightly elevated and White Blood Cell count was 500 below normal.

According to Endo, that's no big deal and we will redo labs at next appointment which is in 3 1/2 months.

Endo and CDE both agree it looks a lot like Alopecia Areata. And suggested we start a multivitamin (we had both the boys on them for a while along with Olive leaf extract, but I was always told to take them off it for a while so the body doesn't become "used" to it?)

Anyway that's done.

Next step is a Dermatologist, and possibly a nutritionist. I snapped a few pics from behind while he wasn't noticing. I don't want to snap any of his eyebrow cause then he may become worried.

We have not discussed any of this with him yet. There's no reason until we see Derm or atleast have an official diagnosis. He's not stressing it so I don't want to give him a complex about it.

Thank you all for your continued love, support, prayers and hugs, they mean the world to us, and without them I'm not sure if I would be this "calm" right now.

I will update again as soon as we see the dermatologist.

Praying for some definitive answers.

Thankful it wasn't the worse case scenario.



17 comments:

Ashley Rose said...

Love you, Hot Mama. You're all in my thoughts and prayers. xoxoxoxoxoxo

Penny said...

I am glad you are road to knowing more about it, and there are some treatments. I've been keeping you both in my prayers.

Michael Hoskins said...

You're in our thoughts and prayers, and glad you are learning more. Best to you all.

Roselady said...

Thanks for sharing your update. I'm glad he's sounding rather up about everything.

Meagan said...

Hoping, praying and wishing for things to get better quickly. Thanks for keeping us posted. ((hugs))

Princess LadyBug said...

Love you guys!! Thanks for keeping us posted. ((((((Sugar Momma))))))

Sara said...

I had a somewhat similar experience. About a year and a half ago I had a large bald spot on the back of my head. Smooth skin. Tested for everything. Everything normal. They aren't sure what caused it and the hair eventually grew back in (darker).

Hopefully Justice's will turn out to be something similar.

Wendy said...

Many, many, many hugs to you, my friend. It's going to be okay. No matter what...YOU CAN DO THIS!

Reyna said...

LOVE YOU

Nikki of Our Diabetic Warrior said...

You will be in our thoughts and prayers! Sending HUGS!!

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Sending love and hugs! Hoping you find answers and comfort soon! XO

Amy said...

Praying for a quick diagnosis and treatment plan. ::hug::

Tracy1918 said...

Sounds like you're making progress. Hugs....

Hallie said...

So glad for the update! All we need is one more thing, right? But you will rock it- no matter what! And he will be handsome- no matter what! Love you, lady!

Amy said...

You (and this) have been on my mind. Praying that you figure something out and it's an easy, fixable "something". Hugs.

shannon said...

sending positive energy your way.

Anonymous said...

Your endo sounds insane. What was your son's TSH level that was high? (The value) Hypothyroidism (or high TSH levels) are associated with hair loss. Also, is there eyebrow hair loss as well? This usually indicates there may be an underlying autoimmune type of hypothyroidism. Does your son have additional hypothyroidism symptoms? (List: http://thyroid.about.com/cs/basics_starthere/a/symptoms.htm). May I recommend "Hypothyroidism: The Unsuspected Illness" by Dr. Broda Barnes--it also discusses the relationship between hypothyroidism and diabetes which I saw on another post was a concern of your son's as well. Good luck and God bless.

Celebrate With Us!