Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Synsyre's Endo Appointment. YES. Synsyre.

So perhaps I need a new blog name? New logo? New bio?

Let's see last we left off Justice had Type 1 Diabetes, well duh, and now an unofficial diagnosis of Alopecia.

Let me back track.

A few months ago I noticed BOTH of my boys had B.O. Bad.
Hairy knuckles, hairy toes. You get it.

I voiced my concerns to endo, I know a lot about the endocrine system and B.O in young kids can be a red flag sometimes.

So we made a double appointment.

Endo found pubic hair on Justice and a little fuzz on Synsyre. She asked some ?s about Biggahs history and mine.

She suggested doing a full lab panel. She said she wanted to check for signs of early puberty.

Ok.

So last week as you know Justices lab came back, which coincided with the whole Alopecia craziness.

Well today Syns came back.

Nurse called. I assumed it was about pump supplies rx. When she said labs were in for Syn, I didn't even think about it. I knew all was good.

She started to tell me BG was elevated---I almost dropped the fucking phone---then she said but phlebotomist notated that he had just eaten, BG was 113, so since he didn't fast it was perfect. Phew!

Then she said thryoid was .1 over normal, high end of normal is 2.4, his (and J) is 2.5, she said definitely NO biggie.

She then said, "One of his adrenal tests were abnormal. A certain hormone we make, he has too much". I stopped eating my apple. I almost threw up.

She said CDE would call me tomorrow to schedule more tests, and that we need to get his xray (and Js) done to show bone age.

I hung up.

I paniced. I cried. I almost passed out.

Then I said NO. I need to know more.

I called and got the name of the hormone its called "seventeen hydroxypregnenolone". Well fucking A.

Normal levels are under 72. Synsyres are 116.

I googled, and got a bunch of medical jumbo which made no sense. And then I found information on "high levels" of this hormone.

Its called Congential (yes passed on from parents. Greeeat) Adrenal Hyperplasia. Here's the link for more info, click here.

Basically it has to do with early puberty, fast growth as a kid, which can cause stunted growth as an adult and other awful shit like infertility. Its the same disorder that causes girls to have both male and female genitals!

Its basically TOO much male hormone, so for boys its not the same effects.

We now have to have a test done, adrenals will be manipulated,a hormone is given to Synsyre and labs drawn to see if it is producing too much or not. If so we move on to steriod/hormone therapy.

If not we retest in 6 months? Something like that. I spaced out I won't lie.

So now we pray.

So hmmm what's a good blog name for 2 kids with Endocrine disorders?

"For Fucks Sake" ?

19 comments:

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Oh, Lexi, I wish I could just give you a big hug and make it all better! You're doing an amazing job with Justice and, whatever is going on with Synsyre, you'll do an amazing job with him, too! Sending love your way!!!

Meagan said...

I am praying for good news for you and your family. (((Hugs)))

Joanne said...

Sorry about this latest bit of news... how utterly craptastic. Praying for you guys.

Roselady said...

I hope this doesn't turn out as bad as it sounds, but if it does, you have been strong through diabetes, and you'll get through this, too. At least you were smart enough to discover both these issues on your own. That shows your intelligence and your ability to handle whatever your kids need from you. Sorry, though. I know you probably feel terrible. But, your boys are so lucky to have you.

Denise aka 'Mom of Bean' said...

yuckity yuck yuck!
answers are good, but *those* kinds of answers bite the big one!
keeping you and your amazing boys in my thoughts and prayers!!

Kelly said...

:( Oh man. I would have puked and called back too! If it helps any, I had adrenal issues that corrected itself miraculously when I was a kid....maybe the blog name should change to DOUBLE DAMN? BUT, we are all praying for negative test results, dont re-name the blog yet! ((HUGS)) Im so sorry!

Princess LadyBug said...

((((((Lexi))))))

Praying for good results. I have joked many times that I'm renaming my blog to "What The Fuck Now?!" because I just keep accumulating "illnesses". If it helps, I'll lend it to you. But I want it back when they give Syn the all-clear. :)

Love y'all!!!

Kim said...

:( Lots of hugs and positive thoughts headed your way. That totally blows.

shannon said...

sending hugs through the internet!

Jess said...

oh lexi! i am so sorry you guys are having such a rough time. hang in there! we're here for you!

Anonymous said...

Praying for stable results from your next and all further testing. Hope your little one will be okay. Must be hell waiting for test results. Try not to worry too much.

Lora said...

I seriously would have reached through the phone and choked that woman for the bg heart attack... just sayin.

Syn's lab work WILL come back fine, I just know it. Thinks are turning around, I feel it. Sending positive vibes your way and praying.

Reyna said...

Ah...and yet another good curse from you "Fuckin' A"...totally using that one soon. xo

Oh Lex...my heart hurts for you right now. Know that I pray right along side you. I am thinking of you. I love you...and your family.

P.S. Your voice made my day yesterday. I will be calling back. xo...and...MUAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Jessica said...

Just be glad that you are observant enough to catch this stuff. Those boys are lucky to have you on their side.

And if ANYONE can come up with a better name for this blog, it's you! Between your awesome poetry and your powerful JDRF posts and your funny as hell t-shirt slogans... you got this. All around. :)

Nikki of Our Diabetic Warrior said...

Sending HUGS!!!!!!!

Tracy1918 said...

I am so sorry....praying for you and your whole family....

Wendy said...

Praying alongside you, my friend.

Autoimmunity sucks........but I know that YOU CAN DO THIS.

xoxoxo

kewiesterrock said...

She suggested to do a complete laboratory panel. She said she wanted to check the signs of precocious puberty.


appointment setting

Fadricktalors said...

Again, this age-old secret helps us adapt to our current life, while providing us and our family well-being.

Powdered Drain Maintainer

Celebrate With Us!