Thursday, September 8, 2011

What Matters?

My waist may never be a size 2: Doesn't matter.

My hair will never be as luxurious as Kim Ks: Doesn't matter.

I don't own a house: Doesn't matter.

I don't have a brand new car: Doesn't matter.

I buy from consignment shops not brand new: Doesn't matter.

We can't afford a vacation: Doesn't matter.

I have second hand furniture: Doesn't matter.

We didn't go on vacation this summer: Doesn't matter.

Someone was bad mouthing me on facebook: Doesn't matter.

If I can't go out with my friends: Doesn't matter.

If I never strike it rich: Doesn't matter.

----------------------------–----------------------------------------------------

My kids have health issues: That matters.

We have a house full of supplies to keep J alive: That matters.

Synsyre will get his blood work and meds as needed: That matters.

I have a husband who holds me when its all too much: That matters.

I have friends who support me: That matters.

I'm going to do everything I must to keep my kids safe, take care of their medical and non medical needs, make them smile, and enjoy life.

I'm going to do my best to be strong for them.

Take my que from them.

And never give up.

That all that matters.

Take a look at what you're worried about. What you focus on.

And ask yourself how much it would matter if YOUR child was diagnosed with an illness, disease, disorder or condition.

There IS only one answer.

Not. One. Fucking. Bit.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Now you're talking. :)

Tracy1918 said...

You're so right! D really puts your priorites in order. So much of the crap is just crap! We know what really matters.

Meagan said...

So much in this post I can relate to. Thanks for helping me count my blessings by reminding me what really matters. Praying for you guys. You totally matter!!! :)

LuvMyElyssa said...

Amen! Now that T1D is in our lives I have to think about all the good there is and not the bad. It's so hard at times but when I see Elyssa's smile it's worth everything in the world. Thanks for reminding me to look at the good Ive been stressing this week. Your AWESOME!!

Heidi / D-Tales said...

So true!!!

You're an incredible mother!!! Your boys are so lucky to have you!!!

Reyna said...

Love this. xo

Wendy said...

(((hugs)))

This life really puts things into perspective, ya know?

It ain't for wusses, that's for sure.

xoxoxo

Love you, girl!

Misty said...

So true. And very often we don't even take the time to realize what matters, until we are faced with illness and such. Your friendship matters too :)

Kelly said...

I am trying to figure out just what matters lately...thanks for writing such a beautiful post.

Holly said...

You are so right. Nothing else matters when we are dealing with it. Bless you, sweet Lex! You do an amazing job loving on your boys. : )

Celebrate With Us!