Friday, October 21, 2011

Our Diaversary, and Theirs.....

Today marks 3 years of Justice having Type 1 Diabetes. It also marks 3 years of Justin having Type 1 Diabetes. We didn't know each other then. But on the same day, in the same year, both my family, and Lora's family, were going through an event that would forever change our lives. I can recall just about every nano second of the 72 hours leading up to my J's diagnosis, as well as the actual day. I can remember his first shot, first site, first sensor, first low, first high. The first time he cried, and told me how much he wished there was a cure. The first time I realized and accepted our new lives, and that D was here to stay. I also remember the first time I "met" Lora. Our lives not just connected by D, but a date that would always be significant. Today we celebrate our lives WITH D. We celebrate 3 years of badassery. 3 years of each other. 3 years of same same. 3 years of our kids being TRUE Superheroes. And the fact that we are not alone.....ever. *Image credit for DOC logo: Mike Durbin (MyDiabeticHeart.com)

7 comments:

Mike Durbin said...

Happy D-aversary to Justice & Justin. What an awesome tribute video. I'm proud to have my work included in it. Thank you! Keep Fighting!

Lots of love, my friends!

Nikki of Our Diabetic Warrior said...

What a beautiful tribute! Congrats on 3 years boys! Keep fighting, you're doing AWESOME!

Scully said...

This was just beautiful to watch! the song added a nice touch also, good choice.
so touched.

Princess LadyBug said...

Happy D-aversary, Justice & Justin!!! You both really are superheroes!!! Keep kicking diabetes' butt!!

And remember when it gets hard & you're frustrated that there is a whole community out here that is only a word away. We will always be here for you. And for your gorgeous & courageous D-Mamas. :)

Reyna said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE! What a wonderful vid to celebrate not being alone. Love to you and Justice Lex. xo

Lora said...

I am so lucky to have you in my life. I cant wait until the day we take on Vegas in a pair of kick ass shoes :)

Holly said...

Happy Diaversary Justice and Justin! How blessed you are to have a D-twin : ) Glad you mommas have each other too! ; )

Celebrate With Us!