Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Dont Wanna Play This Game!

He's low.

I'm low!

Mom. Low!

Babe, low!

Mrs. Newell, he's low AGAIN.

Dexcom arrow down.

His CGM said two arrows down Alexis.

------STOP------TREAT------REPEAT.

Almost 5 days of this.

I've done basal changes, I have done temp basals of minus 50%, and still low.

If not low, just not spiking at all. Which is great! But unusual.

How can he eat 60gc and have a reduced basal, and still NOT be over 85?!

We never honeymooned. Never will. Labs show he produces no insulin.

Miracle? Ill take that, if its a true CURE. But this? I don't want it.

All these lows, are in addition to horrible gas. Gas that has him hunched over, and (TMI alert) stinking up a room.

Well I am the mama who has several food allergies.  So first thing I think?

Celiac.

Endo appt next week.  I'm asking for new labs.

Ok. I can handle it.  I think since I am gluten free, I wouldn't freak out.

But geez, the kid has Type 1, and Alopecia.

I think that's enough.

Let me take on something for him. Please.

Please.

I beg of you.

For each kid who has more on their plate, than they need.....

This prayer is for you.

And your mamas......

9 comments:

Penny said...

Oh sweetie, I am so very sorry - about the lows, the gas, everything. You don't need more on your plate. But I know you will get to the bottom of it, and will help Justice. You always do. Love to you my friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm a T1 (since the age of 3). About 2 years ago, I started to develop some really horrible stomach issues. I had gas and diarrhea, and I also had LOTS of lows. I didn't lose any weight so wasn't too concerned at first, figured it was just a sensitivity to some food I was eating. But I could never figure out WHAT I was sensitive to. Finally went to the doc. They tested for celiac's via blood work and it came back negative. However, a blood test for allergies indicated a fairly severe allergy to wheat. Now, I had been eating way more carbs than I normally do around that time and when I thought about it, my tummy issues were worst following the consumption of bread, beer, pasta and other wheat products (basically all the things that usually make my BGs wacky).

Here's the weird part - I simply reduced the amount of carbs I was eating, cutting out all bread, rice, and pasta. I didn't cut out gluten completely, but reduced it significantly I guess. Whatever the problem, my stomach issues went away like magic!!

I have no idea what the underlying issue is and quite frankly, I don't care. Just glad it has seemed to resolve itself with this lower-carb way of eating. And my BGs have been pretty good too. As good as they have been in a LONG time actually.

Nikki of Our Diabetic Warrior said...

Lexi, I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much. It's tough, especially when you can't "fix" them.

I'm glad that you have an appointment. If it does turn out to be celiac, know that you have a support friend here to help you!

HUGS!!!!!!!

Sysy said...

So sorry :( I had stomach issues as a teenager and eventually learned I had a bunch of food allergies. My issues continued until I removed white carbs out of my diet (which are my favorite). I hate that you guys are dealing with so much stuff. I pray that your son feels better soon.

The DL said...

I'm sorry you are dealing with all of this. It seems we all have so much on our plates, but you are an awesome D mom and you can handle anything!

Rachael said...

God Bless best of luck at the doc!

Meri said...

Battling lows is exhausting! Hope it's just an illness of some sort and not something more serious. Like you said, he has enough "things!"

Hugs!!

Laura @ Houston We Have A Problem! said...

I love the prayer.
I pray it with you always.

I'm so sorry about the lows and the gas. That is not fun. Sophie gets it too when she is having issues and it is terrible --- on all counts!

I love you dearly!!! You are amazing, my friend, simply amazing!

Denise aka 'Mom of Bean' said...

Hoping and praying for answers!

Celebrate With Us!