Monday, July 22, 2013

Deliriously Funny, I Guess.

Apparently no sleep is bad for me but good for my sense of humor. I mean really, in order to survive this diabetes life we all are living, there are a few things we need.

 

 1) Good friends (YES YOU)

2) The ability to laugh when all we really want to do is cry

and 3) Apparently Lora’s husband’s mojitos.

 

 Yesterday I was more tired than usual. I didn’t go to bed till 2am, and an occlusion at 5:30am woke me up to a sweet boy, sleeping next to me,  rocking a bg of 452 and ketones  of .8.

Yawn. New site, new cartridge, new insulin, correction via syringe, and a +50 basal.  ( I am not a doctor, I just pretend to be one ). That is our go to handling anytime there are ketones, so I did this with half open eyes, morning breath, and a urge to pee like never before.

Now came the waiting game. I cant just go back to sleep. I need to see that the bg is dropping  safely and not at warp speed and that those ketones are moving the fuck out.

So  I did that, and within 2 hours bg was 240 with 0.1 ketones. Sleep!!!

I woke up at 10ish with the boys, and I was pooped. I laid on the couch all day watching movies with Synsyre, and grabbing extra cuddles where I could.

I made sure to watch True Blood at 6pm, so that there was no excuse for me to stay up late, for tonight we would all pile in my bed, go to bed early and make up for the night before.

Bg check 10pm: 123 (Yea Wendy!)

Dexcom check: ???, apparently since 6pm  there were no readings!! Justice says, oh yea I forgot to tell you. Here I was thinking it wasn’t beeping because I am such a super fucking pancreas – NOT. 

So I did what every deliriously tired Dmom would do, make a meme of something funny her CWD inspired.

Whenever Dex gives us ???, J replies "maaaaa, Dex went all Riddler on us!"...

I find it extremely rude.....




16 comments:

Sarah Kaye said...

LOL!!!! <3 it!! (the Riddler reference, not the whole d mess)

laura said...

Funny! #dblogcheck

Karen said...

Oh my gosh, I love it!!! Well, not the ketones and no sleep part. But The Riddler meme part! Love love love it!

Joanne said...

YES!!!

That's exactly how I feel when we get the ???

Love the pic. The mocking, not so much.

Jess said...

Love the Riddler! What a great idea! :)

Brea said...

Not looking forward to the day I see ??? on my Dexcom, even though I don't have it quite yet. Great post :)

Scott K. Johnson said...

Ha! That's hilarious!

Kerri. said...

The Riddler!!! Perfect for the trifecta of question marks!

surfacefine said...

I'm sorry you had to deal with all that but that meme is BRILLIANT!!

Jenn said...

I'm arguing with the ??? right now so I can completely relate.

Mike Hoskins said...

Awesome! The Riddler... damn you, Dexcom Riddle-Maker! Need to bring the Diabetic Duo down on you! HA!

Sara said...

That Riddler is pretty appropriate!

I hate the random dots among hours of ??? even more though!

Kim said...

That Riddler connection is BADASS and I will be thinking that every time now!

Lora said...

Don't ya just love it when they don't tell you about the ??? OR when they only have 20u left in the pump... my J is famous for that. This is why #3 has become a necessity ;)

Hallie Addington said...

I hate ??? Same same. I'm thinking I'm rocking things when really I'm just clueless.

Reyna said...

<3

Celebrate With Us!